Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Jello Cake from Scratch!


Im SOOOOO excited to bring you another Poor Girl Original recipe today!

I had some leftover jello and was thinking I could make a cake with it.  Surely I could find a cake recipe online.  No such luck!!! The only recipes I could find called for a boxe cake mix, which I didn't have on hand or the kind where you make a cake and pour jello on the top, which I did not have the patience for.  I wanted near instant satisfaction.

So, I decided to throw some ingredients together, which I had on hand and I am SO happy with the results!  And how fast and easy it was to make!!! And so light and spongy!


Jello Cake from Scratch

Ingredients:

- package of jello, 3 oz.
- 1 cup sugar* (minus package of jello)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

1. In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. (For the 1 cup of sugar: pour the jello packet into the measuring cup and fill the rest with sugar until you reach the 1 cup line.)

2. Make a well in the center and add eggs and oil, mix together eggs and oil in the center.

3. Add water and stir batter until smooth.

4. I rubbed oil on the bottom of two glass pie pans and poured the batter equally among both. 

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 


Wasn't that easy?  And good enough for a tea party, indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment