Saturday, August 30, 2014

Easy Beef Stew

Yummy!  There is nothing more wholesome to me than serving my family some warm stew made from natural ingredients!  

Meat and vegetables.

...And it's easy. 

...And it's made in the crockpot.  

...And it's delish!

I'd say you need to have this in the crockpot by 9:00 am if you want to have this ready by 5 or 6 pm.

I browned the outside of 2-3 lbs. of chopped stew meat in 2-3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil and put in the crock pot with 2 cups of water.  Then I semi-peeled 6 red potatoes and diced those.  I also added a small red onion, diced.  Add half a jar of marinara or Spagetti sauce.  Toss in 1-2 cups frozen mixed veggies.  Add a Tablespoon of salt. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook on high until lunchtime, turn to low for the rest of the day.  I break up the chunks of stew meat with the wooden spoon before serving. Taste the soup and add any salt or pepper you think it needs before serving.

Crock Pot Beef Stew:

Ingredients:
2-3 pounds chopped stew meat, browned in frying pan.
1/2 jar marinara sauce
1-2 cups frozen veggies
6 red potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a crockpot on high for 4 hours. Reduce to low and add salt and pepper, if necessary.  Cook 4 hours on low.  Serve with crackers or cornbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment